Lightroom Classic: Presets silently omitted when they refer to non-existent creative profiles
When you import a preset that refers to a creative profile that hasn't been imported, LR silently omits it from the Presets panel. Users have not a clue what's gone wrong. LR should issue a warning when you import such a preset, and it should issue a warning when you delete a creative profile that's referenced by imported presets.
This problem occurs with third-party presets that are provided without the accompanying creative profile, and it's not uncommon. It's wasting a lot of users' time:
1. Download and unzip this .zip:
2. Do File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets and select "Preset using My LUT Creative Profile.xmp".
3. Observe that the preset doesn't appear in the Presets panel.
4. Do File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets and select "My LUT Creative Profile.xmp".
5. Observe that "My LUT Creative Profile" appears in the profile browser and "Preset using My LUT Creative Profile" now magically appears in the Presets panel.